Additional Resources to assist Parents.
California Common Core State Standards
LANGUAGE ARTS CADRES
OUR MISSION: To build teacher leadership, broaden our knowledge, and work collaboratively to refine language arts curriculum, instruction, and assessment for the purpose of best meeting our students needs.
The Language Arts Cadres are comprised of teachers from each site K-8 and all grade levels are represented. The purpose of the Cadres is to promote teacher leadership and provide an avenue for shared decision-making regarding the MUSD language arts program.
The Cadres meet once a month after school to learn about the California Common Core State Standards (CCCSS) and to work on various projects within the language arts content area for revisions, refinement, and alignment to CCCSS.
Topics include: CCCSS, benchmark assessments, selecting priority standards, aligning writing prompts and rubrics, aligning instructional guides, creating student friendly CCCSS writing rubrics and student friendly standards. Other work will evolve with our transition as we progress with the implementation of CCCSS.
Parent Support Services
MUSD Belief System for Families:
- Families provide the primary education environment.
- Family involvement improves student achievement.
- Family involvement is most effective when it is comprehensive, supportive, long-lasting, and well-planned.
- The benefits of Family involvement are not limited to early childhood or the elementary level; there are continuing positive effects through high school.
- Involving families in supporting their children’s education at home is not enough. To ensure the quality of schools as institutions serving the community, families must be involved at all levels in the schools.
- The extent of family involvement in a child’s education is more important to student success than family income or education.
- We cannot look at the school and the home in isolation from one another; families and schools need to collaborate to help children adjust to the world of school. This is particularly critical for children from families with different cultural and language backgrounds.
Student Educational Resources
- K-12 Reader - Reading Instruction Resources (Endless CCSS worksheets!)
- Inside Mathematics
- Common Core Cafe
- Engage NY
- Read Works
- Teaching channel
- Learn Zillion
- Read Write Think
- CCSS Curriculum
- Common Core Math Progressions
- Achieve the Core
- The Teacher's Corner
- English Learners CCSS Resources
- Teaching That Makes Sense